It is next to impossible to travel these days without needing access to electricity to power or charge some piece of electronics. Here is some advice based on our travels.
- When traveling internationally make sure you take the the correct type of adapters for the countries you are visiting
- In some countries not only will you need adapters but also converters that will change 220 volts to 120 volts.
- Take a charging cable in your carry on. Newer planes have outlets and USB ports at each seat that you can use to power your devices
- If you are doing African Safaris or other places where access to electricity is limited consider taking solar powered battery chargers
- Most hotels have hair dryers. Consider leaving yours at home. They are heavy and take up a lot of space in your luggage and are one of the easiest devices to be damaged by electricity.
- If you have any questions, ask your travel agent before you leave or talk to the people where you are staying. It is better to ask what seems like a silly question then to lose an expensive piece of electronics.